Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pour some sugar on me!

Today seems to be the slowest moving day ever in life. I need to do something challenging, the combination of boredom at home and boredom at work is going to drive me crazy!

I've been thinking about trying an online course in something random, or learning a language (maybe I should try mastering French first?). Or perhaps I should just suck it up and look for a new effing job, something that stimulates my brain and actually uses some of the skills I have to offer? Hmm, maybe it's time.

After all, the 12 hours of sitting isn't about to help me lose any more weight. And 11 AM to 11 PM is a pretty socially debilitating shift. I work best when I have morning shifts, and it's a lot easier to accomplish random unexpected tasks when you get off while the sun's still up. But 4 days off every week is not something you find often... Decisions, decisions.

I don't find that I utilize my time off very well. Mostly I have no idea what to do with myself. I do basic things like housework and grocery shopping and then waste colossal amounts of time doing literally nothing.
I'm aware that having a bus pass will alleviate this concern to some degree, not having to ration my bus tickets always helps. I also need to associate myself with people who do activity-type things on a regular basis so I can find something I'm interested in doing. I've been a homebody and a full-time mom for so long, I don't have the first idea about what's fun to me anymore!

Yesterday Marc brought over his electric guitar and ever so graciously offered to leave it with me so I can fiddle with it, it'll be nice to have something that's easy to play so I can start finding my passion for music again. I find music to be extremely therapeutic, and writing music is definitely easier when it's less obvious that my hands are crippled. So look forward to potential new shit from your favorite closet musician.

On that note, I realize now that I've thought about it that less than 10 people have heard my original music. And I haven't written anything new in over 5 years. I think perhaps I should find some people who play other instruments and collaborate, maybe some joined effort will lubricate the process. I'm very aware that my primary skill is vocals, and maybe if I had some extra help with the instrumental portion, I could focus on writing really good lyrics instead of being limited by what I can play. There's a thought.

4 hours left til freedom. Here's hoping they are of the rapid, fast-paced variety. *snort*


Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment