Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Another day of solitaire

I spent a little time on okc today. I remembered meeting some of my good friends there, when I first got to Calgary, and reopened my account a few months ago in hopes of another successful venture. Alas, besides my one worthwhile find, the rest of the population seems fixated on either my having a child and somehow being inferior or trying to convince me that what I really need is to be boned 6 ways from Sunday. The latter part is probably more accurate than the former, but I'd like to know who actually goes in on this shit to give these people the idea that this is an acceptable opening topic.

In all honesty, the profile should probably come down. I have the emotional availability of a fucking teaspoon right now. If the best suitor possible was to come knocking I'd have no idea and minimal interest. My awareness tank is running on empty and my skepticism is at an all time high.

It makes me chuckle, thinking about how dating worked for me in the past, how easily I slipped from one torrid little affair into another almost seamlessly. Some of it was meaningful and most of it was frivolous and short-lived. My expectations of finding someone continue to dwindle, and will likely fade completely upon the purchase of a reliable vibrating tube and some batteries. A girl can always trust a bit of plastic to keep up.

The shop manager from work and I had a lengthy and entertaining conversation on the topic of friends with benefits on Friday, a choice I consider still doomed to fail as it necessitates there being more than one participant and thusly it is inevitable that miscommunications should be had. Plastic, having no feelings and the inability to manipulate mine, makes the ideal sex partner at this stage of the game.

Such a romantic, I am.
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment